Today's guest blogger, Natalie Jones of Homeownerbliss!, offers tips for selling your home using virtual platforms.
Normally, selling your home involves open houses and showings, but this “normal” has changed with the COVID-19 crisis. Now more than ever, people are using online tools and resources to check out available listings. So, make sure you use these staging and real estate resources to get your home primed and ready for these online tools.
The first thing people will see when checking out your property is your listing, so make sure your listing photos show off all of your home’s best assets.
● Bad listing photos can cause buyers to lose interest before they even schedule a showing.
● Good listing photos, on the other hand, can help attract more potential buyers to your home which can result in more competitive offers.
● If you are working with a good listing agent, he/she should be able to arrange to have listing photos taken for you.
● Otherwise, you can DIY real estate photos using your phone and a few tricks.
● Before any photos are taken, make sure your home is clean and organized.
With more people buying homes online than ever before, reeling in shoppers with listing photos is key, but you can take your efforts one step further by adding a 3D walkthrough.
● Even before COVID-19, 3D walkthroughs were becoming a major trend in the real estate market, so shoppers will be looking for this feature on your listing.
● You or your agent may want to use a 3D mapping tool to add an engaging and user-friendly walkthrough to your online listing.
● However, before you create a 3D map or walkthrough of your home, you may want to consider using a virtual staging tool to maximize your listing’s potential.
● Also, make sure that major home repairs are taken care of beforehand.
Live Virtual Tours
With professional-quality listing photos and a killer 3D walkthrough, you can expect requests for showings and tours to begin rolling in, so make sure your home is ready to be shown virtually.
● With COVID-19 still a factor, most home shoppers are still opting to tour homes via virtual tours and video conferences rather than risk an in-person showing.
● Despite this change, homes are still selling during the crisis.
● Ensure that your home is properly staged to stand out during these virtual tours.
● You or your agent can use video conferencing tools to take shoppers on live tours.
● To help your home stand out from the competition during virtual tours, you may also want to consider renovations with high ROI.
Honestly, selling a home online requires most of the same staging steps as selling it via open houses and real tours. It helps to familiarize yourself with the virtual tours buyers are using to shop for homes these days so that you can ensure your home is ready to impress.
Photo Credit: Pexels
My name is Laura, and I love all things organizing!
Flourish Organizing may receive commissions from some links.